Winter Aches & Pains
Winter is on its way. Like people get aches and pains, so do our dogs. Past injuries, weak bones, and arthritis plague us all. What can be done?
Approximately one in five dogs develops arthritis during their lifetime. Canine arthritis can be effectively managed through the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, proper diet, adequate exercise and high quality nutritional supplementation. I follow the holistic philosopy of Dr. Marty Goldstein (Oprah’s & Martha Stewart’s vet) and Dr. Karen Becker. Prior to the use of pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory medication and harmful steroids, natural healthy alternatives are by far the best first line of treatment (certainly prevention is the best practice). Unfortunately, conventional vets lack the additional education and training in nutrition and holistic medicine so they are only able to address issues through use of pharmaceuticals. To make matters worse, they rarely use preventive measures. Bone and joint issues are almost always addressed when symptoms appear. Many people are not aware of the symptoms so by the time they consult the vet the dog has already been suffering. NuVet® supplements are made with the highest of standards. The best supplement to address bone and joint pain is by far NuJoint Plus®. This supplement creates a frontline defense against arthritis by lubricating the joints, strengthening bones and promoting cartilage repair. Dog fancy awarded NuVet® supplements for their superior quality in their May 2009 issue. When I heard about these products I tried them out and they are fabulous.
Both NuJoint Plus® and NuJoint Plus® contain ingredients that are sourced from the USA. These joint supplements are also produced in an FDA registered pharmaceutical lab using human grade ingredients. This is virtually unheard of in the pet industry. Here are the ingredients and how they directly address arthritis:
• Chondroitin – Chondroitin attracts and retains moisture within cartilage tissue to keep joints well-lubricated, and facilitates the absorption of glucosamine into joints that are already inflamed by arthritis.
• Glucosamine –Glucosamine contains natural building blocks that synthesize new cartilage tissue to lubricate and repair joints damaged by osteoarthritis.
• Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) – MSM introduces biologically active sulfur to affected joints, which greatly reduces cell rigidity in the soft tissues. Trapped fluid can then circulate freely from these cells, resulting in reduced joint pressure, pain and inflammation.
• Vitamin C – Vitamin C, a valuable antioxidant that promotes cell growth and tissue repair. It also maintains the structure of connective tissues and skin, while strengthening the body against the effects of stress which can wear down a dog’s body down to the point where it can no longer resist invasion by the harmful fungi, viruses and bacteria that contribute to the development of septic arthritis.
Nujoint DS® is their Double Strength formula for dogs in need of that extra potency.
Why Choose NuJoint Plus®?
• Manufactured in a U.S. human pharmaceutical FDA- registered laboratory
• Natural, human-grade ingredients
• NO artificial fillers
• NO artificial sweeteners
• Made with real chicken liver so that dogs (and cats) will love them.
• Strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Loaded with all the nutrients pets need (antioxidants, amino acids, herbs, vitamins, minerals, & more)
• Cold-processed using a patented paddle-drying process to retain rich nutrients found in each ingredient
• Safe for dogs and cats of all ages, including pregnant females
These Products are an Insider’s Secret:
NuVet® products are not available in stores; they are distributed through educated and dedicated pet industry specialists. The manufacturer does not sell directly to the public. To place a phone order with the manufacturer you may reach them at 1-800-474-7044 or order online. You will need to provide the following industry specialist number: 46353.
For international customers (including U.S territories) please call 800-474-7044 to order
Use Order Code: 46353