Pit Bull Heroes
Pit Bulls have been a terribly misunderstood breed. Dogs should not be judged based on breed. In fact, Pit Bulls are not an actual official breed. They are a combination of various breeds. As you will see in the videos below, there are many remarkable Pit Bulls out there. It is unfortunate that so many of these wonderful dogs are in shelters awaiting execution. Please consider saving one. There are many Pit Bulls that are waiting for homes. My favorites are Petfinder and Urgent Pets on Death Row. A great facebook page is the Cross-posting & Advocating for Animals Community. This is a community in which many pets who are in need of homes are listed.
BSL (Breed-specific legislation) is a discriminatory law or ordinance that prohibits or restricts the keeping of dogs of specific breeds, dogs presumed to be specific breeds, mixes of specific breeds, and/or dogs presumed to be mixes of specific breeds.
“The most drastic form of BSL is a complete ban, but BSL also includes any laws that impose separate requirements or limitations on dogs and dog owners, including but not limited to: mandatory spay/neuter, muzzling requirements, liability insurance requirements, special licensing and additional fees, mandatory microchipping or tattoos, owner / walker age requirements, property posting requirements, confinement and leash requirements, breed-specific pet limits, sale or transfer notification requirements, restrictions on access to certain public spaces with the dog [e.g.: public parks; school grounds], required town-issued items [e.g.: fluorescent collar; vest], training requirements, requirement that photos of the dog and/or owner be kept on town file. BSL, in any form, results in the destruction of many pet dogs.”
A resolution adopted by the House of Delegates states that “…the American Bar Association urges all state, territorial, and local legislative bodies and governmental agencies to adopt comprehensive breed-neutral dangerous dog/reckless owner laws that ensure due process protections for owners, encourage responsible pet ownership and focus on the behavior of both dog owners and dogs, and to repeal any breed discriminatory or breed specific provisions.”
Heroic Pit Bull Saves Missing Elderly Woman With Alzheimer’s
Dog Saves Owner during a Car jacking Incident
Saved Woman From Being Hit by a Train
The Therapy Dog who Touches Many Lives
Pit Bull Saves Unconscious Four Year Old Boy
Pit Bull Helps War Veteran Suffering from PTSD
Most of these wonderful dogs seen in the videos were adopted by caring people who have provided loving homes for these wonderful dogs. In return, their dogs exhibited the greatest expression of love, appreciation, and devotion to their owners.
This article was written in honor of my dear friend Loretta who has always adopted the most wonderful Pit Bulls.
▪ Pit Bull Saves His Human’s Life During Fire
▪ Pit Bull Hero Saves Little Girl from Dog Attack
▪ Pit Bull Senior Saves Family From Fire
▪ Stray pit bull found nursing two-day-old kitten on side of Dallas road
▪ Pit bull rescues woman from sexual assault in Vista
▪ Pit Bull Saves Family From Fire
▪ Pit Bull Hailed a Hero for Saving Family from Fire
▪ Pit Bull Saves Owner’s Life, Proves Dogs Are Part Of The Family
▪ This 72-Year-Old Woman Is Saved From Silent Killer…By Her Pit Bull!
▪ Dog has her day, hailed as a hero
▪ Rescue Pit Bull Named Buddy Saves New Owner’s Life by Waking Him up in the Middle of House Fire
▪ Pit Bull Saves Deaf Boy From House Fire
▪ Pit Bull Found Carrying Injured Chihuahua Will Be Adopted By Same Owner
▪ Jonie Loves Chachi: Hero Pit Bull Saves Injured Chihuahua Pal
▪ Rescued Pit Bull Saves Boy’s Life
▪ Elle The Pit Bull Named 2013 Hero Dog By American Humane Association
▪ Hero Dog Dials 911 On Cell Phone While Veteran Owner Has A Seizure
▪ Heroic Pit Bull saves woman from machete attack
▪ Lefty The Pit Bull Takes Bullet For Owner; Community Raises Money For Amputation
▪ Pit Bull Hero Blocks Owner’s Attacker
▪ Pit bull, owner find missing woman in Piscataway
▪ Pit Bull Saves Cat From Coyotes
▪ Dog Foils Abduction
▪ Rescued Puppy Saves Family 2 Weeks After Being Adopted
▪ Mother and baby attacked by man posing as UPS driver, saved by dog
▪ Pit Bull Saves NY Woman From Burning House
▪ Pit Bull Shot In The Head Trying To Protect Owner, But Miraculously Survives
▪ Family warned of potentially dangerous gas leak
▪ Dog Pulls Unconscious Owner From Train’s Path
▪ Pit Bull And 12 Year Old Girl help Save Unconscious Drowning Stray
▪ Ogden Service Pit Bull Helps Owner Avoid Seizures
▪ Dog saves woman’s life, being honored today
▪ Pit bull plays hero as family, owner escape house fire
▪ Rescued Pit Bull Sniffs Out Danger
▪ Pit Bull Saves Two Women From Deadly Cobra, Dies With Tail Wagging
▪ Heroic Pit Bull Takes Bullets to Save Owner
▪ Peaches, The Boston Marathon Therapy Dog: The Other Side Of Pit Bulls
▪ These 16 Dogs Are Heroes. They Are Also Pit Bulls
The Humane Society has a Hero Dog Awards page for dogs for extraordinary dogs of all breeds and types.
|“Breed-specific legislation on the decline.” National Canine Research Council. N.p., 25 June 2014. Web. 23 July 2014. Breed-Specific Legislation on the Decline.
“Dog Bite Risk and Prevention: The Role of Breed.” Dog Bite Risk and Prevention: The Role of Breed. N.p., 17 Apr. 2012. Web. 23 July 2014. Dog Bite Risk and Prevention: The Role of Breed.
“Resolution 100: Adopted by the House of Delegates.” American Bar Association. N.p., 6 Aug. 2012. Web. 23 July 2014. Resolution 100.